Many of our guests that come to visit Brewster by the Sea and Captain Freeman during the winter months are surprised at the many cultural and entertainment options available to them during their Cape Cod getaway. Many decide to just stay close to the inn to enjoy the fireplaces, afternoon tea and a couples massage. For those that want some adventure away from the inn, we’ve highlighted some of our favorite things to do this time of the year.
1. Driving Miss Daisy is performing at the Academy PlayHouse in Orleans through February 9th. Tickets are very affordable with great reviews.
For tickets- www.apacape.org or call 508-255-1963
2. Lyric Restaurant in Yarmouthport is a great place to dine and on Wednesdays Fred Fried guitar and Bruce Abbott, sax with vocalist Ann Austin is a nice winter treat.
3. We love to attend the old fashion movie theatre on the grounds of the Cape Playhouse. Now playing is- Silver Lining Playbook through February 7th.
4. Provincetown Art Association and Museum Showing Vicky Tomayko “Teaching Traditions” and Chester Solomon “Life Drawing Program” through Feb 10th.
5. The Schoolhouse Gallery on Commerce Street in P’Town is showing Davies, Derbes, Ewing, Hillard, Hoar de Galvan, Horvath, Kamentsky, Palanza Selesnick, Stopforth, Straus, Tomayko, Traver, Vassilakos through Feb 18th.
6. Our favorite galleries are in Orleans and open all winter- Addison Art Gallery and Trees Place Art Gallery.
7. A special treat at our own Ladies Library in Brewster- We are the Men, Male choir 3pm , Sunday, Jan 27th at 3pm. Free
8.Joe’s Bar and Grill at the Barley Neck Inn has live entertainment every weekend.
9. The Salt Pond Visitor Center in Eastham has a wonderful display of winners from the 2012 Marine Art Contest through January.
10. Many of our favorite restaurants are reopening in February and are offering very affordable Prix Fixe menus- Bramble, Bucas, Oceanhouse, Red Pheasant.
And everyone wonders why so many people are retiring year round to Cape Cod- it’s a wonderful, peaceful yet still active place to visit in the winter months.